Word footer only on the front page. How to remove headers and footers in the Word
- Which versions of Word support headers and footers?
- How to remove headers and footers in Word 2003?
- How to remove footer in Word 2007, 2010 and 2016
There are markup such as footers. They serve to add some important information either to the top or to the bottom of one or another text document . Although headers and footers play an important role in the text, adding additional information, but some users do not like them and therefore they want to remove them directly. This article will first discuss how to remove footers in Vords of various kinds.
Which versions of Word support headers and footers?
As a rule, there is some rumor that you can only remove footers in new versions of Word, which is a complete lie, because the ability to remove footers is present in all versions of Word. That is why if you have a Word 2003 installed, then you can still remove all the footers if you want.
Is it difficult to remove the footer? This question can be answered like this: “No, the footer is not difficult to delete.” Why so? First of all, because you should do only a few simple and easy actions that even a small child can do. This is also easy, because the World Wide Web is full of detailed information on how to, in fact, eliminate the footer, if for some reason you don’t like it.
How to remove headers and footers in Word 2003?
For most users, this version of the well-known and popular text editor is very familiar and familiar. In order to remove a footer in this version of Word, you need to do the following:
- Open this text editor, and the document can be both new and old.
- Directly in the main menu, we search and click the “View” tab, in which we actually carry out all further actions.
- In the window that appears, select the immediate section, which is called "Footers".
- Next you need to select directly the control panel of headers and footers and delete all the text that is somehow contained in the immediate frame.
- After you perform all the above actions, all the headers and footers will be deleted automatically, as required.
This method is very simple and easy, so that almost all users can use it. As a rule, if you remove a footer on a single text document, it will automatically be eliminated on all text documents that are stored on your computer.
How to remove footer in Word 2007, 2010 and 2016
As a rule, these versions of this text document have a more extensive and functional interface, which also has headers and footers. The Vords of 2007 and 2010 are very similar to each other as appearance , and its functionality, so we will consider how to remove headers and footers in both text editors at the same time. Due to the fact that the above versions of the Word are very beautiful and convenient, it will be very simple and easy to remove the footer on them. To remove all headers and footers, you need to do the following:
- Open a text editor and select a document, click on the tab, which is called the "Tab".
- After that, look for some section "Footers". Next you need to select either the header or footer.
- After this action, you will see a window in which you are given the choice of deleting either the top one or footer . And that's all.
After that, all the headers and footers will be deleted, which is what you really wanted.
In 2016, Word footers are removed by analogy in the "Insert" tab.
As described above, the footer performs the role of adding additional information that not everyone likes. However, the work of footers is very useful for most people. That is why it is worth considering whether to remove the footer or leave it. But still it is up to you to decide in any case.
So, in this article, we offered you information on how to remove footers in some versions of a text editor called Word, namely: Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2016. We really hope that this information was useful to you.